LABA POUNDO YAM
Laba poundo yam flour is produced from freshly selected yam tubers. The processing of the product is done to maintain the natural taste and appeal consumers will normally get from pounded yam. It is wholesome for consumption and eaten by all ethnic groups in Nigeria and other parts of Africa.
Below are some of the benefits of yam:
- Yam is a good source of energy; 100 g provides 118 calories. It is a crunchy edible root composed of soluble dietary fiber.
- Dietary fiber help reduces constipation, decrease bad (LDL) cholesterol levels It is a good source of complex carbohydrate, which regulates steady rise in blood sugar levels.
- Yam tuber is an excellent source of the B-complex group of vitamins. It provides adequate daily requirements of pyridoxine (vitamin B6), thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin, folates, pantothenic acid, and niacin. These vitamins mediate various metabolic functions in the body.
- Fresh yam contains good amounts of vitamin-C, an antioxidant that play some important roles as anti-aging, immune function booster, wound healing, and bone growth.
- Yam contains small amounts of vitamin-A, and β-carotene levels. Carotenes convert into vitamin-A inside the body. Both these compounds are powerful antioxidants