Unripe Plantain Flour
LABA PLANTAIN FLOUR
Laba unripe plantain flour is produced from fresh, unblemished and matured unripe plantain. It is contains predominantly resistant starch, with low glycaemic index. Unripe plantain flour is a healthy staple food consumed in Nigeria and neighbouring West African countries.
Below are the benefits of eating Laba unripe plantain flour:
- Unripe plantain makes a great meal for diabetics. Its low sugar content compared to the ripe plantain makes it a preferred choice for managing diabetes.
- Unripe plantain enriches the heart, as it possesses some amount of serotonin. It helps dilate the arteries and improve blood flow. Its richness in potassium helps control the heart rate and blood pressure thus reducing risks of hypertension.
- Due to be presence of dietary fibres, unripe plantain helps to ensure healthy bowel movements which therefore reduces constipation.
- Unripe plantain is a potent antioxidant. It also contains Vitamin A, which plays a vital role in the visual cycle and enhance good skin complexion.
- Unripe plantain is a great meal for weight loss and healthy eating because it contains resistant starch and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Unripe plantain contains folates, ribloflavin, niacin and thiamin. Some of these minerals are essential for a healthy pregnancy.